Review - Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder SPF15 Foundation in Fair 1

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in Fair 1 - £32

Before I had my blog break, I had this review in my drafts, with photos only. I thought about not finishing this review, as it isn't a new product anymore, but why should that matter? After all of the time away, I'm still using this foundation (spoiler - it must be good if I'm still using it!), so I decided that I needed to share my opinions on it.

This foundation is the Light Wonder foundation by the amazing MUA, Charlotte Tilbury. As you can tell by the title of it, it is a light weight-medium coverage foundation, with a shade range of 12. Unfortunately, the shade range is limited for darker skin tones, but there are a decent amount for the pale side of the spectrum. As someone who is extremely pale, I have always found it difficult to find foundations that are pale enough or aren't orange on my face. This foundation in shade 1 Fair, is a perfect match for my skin tone. 

Even though it is light coverage, it can be built up, in areas, for more coverage. I have decent skin (not prone to acne), but I do have Melasma across my cheeks & nose, and this foundation helps to neutralise the majority of my redness. I cover the rest of my Melasma with concealer, instead of using a heavy coverage foundation. I have found that the combination of a high coverage concealer with this light weight foundation, is the perfect mix for covering my Melasma without being heavy/cakey. 


One of my favourite things about this foundation is the packaging. I love the burgundy and gold colour scheme, which screams luxury to me. The actual bottle a squeezy tube, which could feel cheap to some people, but with the added touch of the gold lid and art deco inspired design; it still manages to feel luxe & good quality. Personally, I like the lightweight tube, as it makes the foundation travel friendly, and the nozzle helps to control how much product you squeeze out.


The foundation consistency is quite runny/fluid, but blends into the skin well. I have dry skin, and I find that this foundation helps to give my skin a dewy finish. It wouldn't be great for super oily skin, but on dry skin, it does work well. I still powder my skin, in places, but this foundation doesn't dry out my skin, like some others do. I wear a primer and powder with this foundation, so it does last for about 6/8 hours on me, but without any primer/powder, it only lasts about 4-6 hours. On me, it doesn't emphasise my dry flakey patches, but I always apply a good moisturiser & sun cream underneath to help combat these dry patches anyway. I apply this foundation with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush or Miracle Complexion Sponge, using a tapping motion, to build coverage. 


Overall, I love this foundation, and have for at least a year & a half, maybe a little longer. I think it is a great foundation for people with dry skin, who don't want a heavy coverage base. The only downside for this foundation is the shade range for darker skin tones. 

For my other Charlotte Tilbury product reviews, click here & here.

What is your favourite Charlotte Tilbury product, and what do you think about this foundation?
Let me know in the comments

You May Also Like

0 comments