Every ending is a new beginning...

Leicester Fashion Week with my brand - S&F Designs - May 2019

Well, I guess this post has been a long time coming, as I haven't posted anything on here for months, but I am officially ending Studs & Flicks.

I started this blog in April 2013, as something to do during my summer holidays before I started university. I had enjoyed reading beauty and fashion blogs for about a year before that, and thought that I would give it a try. I loved being able to give my opinion on makeup and fashion through this blog, as I have always been the go-to person in my family and friendship groups for that advice. But life kept getting in the way over the years, and I got older, so my passion for this blog slowly decreased. 

I tried changing schedules and changing content by adding lifestyle posts, but something always got in the way of writing. From general life, my Fashion Studies BA degree, grieving my father, and then my Fashion & Textiles MA degree; this blog kept being pushed to the side. It had gone from being something fun and enjoyable, to feeling like a chore. That wasn't what I wanted, as it was always meant to be a hobby for me.

On MA Graduation Day - Jan 2019

And now I am starting a business. 
I launched my fashion brand at the beginning of June 2019, and I know that it is going to be taking up the majority of my time. This is why I am ending this blog now. 

As you might of picked up on though, I keep saying that I am ending this blog. That is because my fashion brand - S&F Designs - will be having a blog. The way that this one is different to Studs & Flicks, is that the content will be related to the business and products. It will be focusing on how to style the products I make & sell, my workspace/studio, and how I run the business. Plus anything else related to my brand that I want to write about. It will be a business blog, not a personal one. It will be launching very soon, so keep an eye out for that on my business social media's and on shannonannefurniss.co.uk. So, even though Studs & Flicks is ending, I have an exciting future ahead with S&F Designs and it's corresponding blog. 

Some S&F Designs products

I am sad that Studs & Flicks is ending, but it just feels like the right thing to do. After six years of falling in-and-out love with writing this blog, it's time to give it up. I won't be taking down the blog at all, as there are some recipes, reviews etc that people might still want, but there will be no more new content. 

I guess that the last thing I want to say is thank you to anyone who has read this blog during these past six years. For me, this personal blog has always been a hobby, so the fact that anyone wanted to read anything I wrote still blows my mind.


Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

If you want to keep up with me -


or S&F Designs - 


You May Also Like

0 comments