10 Days of Halloween 2018 - Lemon & Ginger Voodoo Doll Biscuits Recipe


Before I get into this recipe, I just wanted to say that I am sorry for not posting yesterday. However, you are still going to get a full 10 days of blog posts for Halloween, I have just decided to post actually on Halloween now. To be honest, I was very hungover on Sunday, so I couldn't concentrate on finishing a blog post. Anyway, let's get on with todays!

For a change from all the makeup looks, I have decided to do a Halloween themed baking recipe. This recipe is lemon & ginger Voodoo doll biscuits. They are simple to make, very tasty and you can have lots of fun with the decorating. If you don't like the idea of icing Voodoo dolls onto these, you could ice skeletons on them instead. 


Ingredients


Method


1 - Preheat the oven to 150c, and line 2/3 baking sheets with baking paper. 
2 - Put the butter a large mixing bowl, and beat with a wooden spoon until soft. 


3 - Once soft, beat in the sugar, until well combined.


4 - Stir into the butter & sugar mixture, the lemon zest and the chopped ginger.


5 - Then stir in the flour. Start by mixing with a wooden spoon, and then combine the ingredients together using your hands to form a dough. 


6 - Then roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. The dough is soft and a little crumbly, so take your time and be careful when transferring to your baking sheets. Once you have cut all of your men out with a cookie cutter, prick each one with a fork all over. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. They will still be soft when removed from the oven.


7 - Leave to cool on a wire rack. 
8 - Once cool, you can go crazy with the decorating! Have fun with the decorating, and remember, you don't have to do voodoo dolls, they could be skeletons instead. 
And that is it!
Finished!




And that is how you make Voodoo Doll Biscuits! A perfect sweet treat for a spooky Halloween night in or for a Halloween party. 

I am not the best at icing, but I think these are super cute and spooky.
I hope you guys liked this recipe and let me know if you try to make them!

You May Also Like

0 comments