Review - L'Oreal True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory & L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer




Recently, I have become bored with my usual primer/foundation routine, so I decided to try something new out. On a daily basis, I tend to not wear foundation or primer. But for nights out/whenever I feel like a full face of makeup, I want a light-medium coverage base, that stays in place. I used to use the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain and Benefit Porefessional Primer. I still love both, but I just felt like I needed a change. 
I had heard a lot of postitive opinions about L'Oreal True Match Foundation, so I thought that this would be a good foundation to try. I am quite pale and have dry skin, so I was praying that Rose Ivory would be a great colour match, and that it wouldn't cling to my dry patches.

Swatched - Unblended

Swatched - Blended
I always find it difficult to match my skintone with 'drugstore' foundations, but this is a nice match for me, and there is a large range of shades, with different undertones. So, most people should be able to find a close match. 
Normally, I prefer a light coverage, and this is definitely a more medium coverage foundation. However, it's not heavy on the skin, and I can sheer it out by using a stippling brush and sponge for application. This is a more satin finish foundation, not a completely dewy finish. For me, this is perfect, as matte foundations stick to my dry skin patches, and I can get a little oily throughout the day, so a dewy foundation looks too shiny. 
Application-wise, it's easy to blend and doesn't set too quickly, so you have time to blend everything out for a flawless base. I think if you have blemishes/pigmentation, you will need a high-coverage concealer to cover up those problem areas, as this foundation wouldn't cover them well. 
For me, this foundation is great, as it lasts all day (6-8 hours), as long as I set it with a transparent powder. I couldn't want more from a foundation at the moment! 

Swatched - Unblended
When I first picked this up and swatched it, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. In the past, I have always used primers like Benefit Porefessional, which covers pores. This primer is all about giving that glow to your face, under or over your foundation. As a person who has dry skin, this primer is amazing for making my skin look alive and less tired/dry. 
I tend to only put this on the high points of my face, but not as precise as I do with a highlighter. Even though you can use this as a liquid highlighter over your foundation too. I have even worn this on it's own, with only concealer in places that need covering. 
As I have dry skin, I don't need a primer to help keep my foundation in place, as a little bit of powder can do that for me. So, if you find that foundation slips around on your face and doesn't last all day, this isn't the primer for you, as it doesn't keep your makeup in place at all. But, if you are looking for a shimmery liquid highlighter, then give this a go over your foundation instead.

Personally, I am in love with both of these products! Together, they look great and my skin hasn't looked this flawless in a long time. I think they are both great for dry skin, and I will most likely be repurchasing them in the future. 
If you are in need of a new foundation or primer, give them a go!

What are your favourite makeup products for dry skin?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments