Review - Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic

Over the years, I have struggled with finding the correct toner for my skin. I used to use an astringent on my t-zone during my teenage years, to help combat the oils on my (then) combination skin type. As I have got older, my skin has become drier, so I didn't need to use such a strong toner anymore. For a while, I didn't use any toner, until I came across this one from Liz Earle, after using the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish for over two years. Since my teenage years, I have also gained Melasma on my face, and I try to use products with natural ingredients or products that I know don't inflame my skin. This toner appealed to me because of the natural ingredients it contains. 


This toner is made from natural ingredients and contains no alcohol, which suited my sensitive skin more, compared to other toners I have used in the past that do contain alcohol. I have found that it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry either, but instead leaves a light moisturising layer. As I have dry skin, using products that leave my skin moisturised are so much better. It does have a slight scent to it, but it isn't over-powering.



The packaging is simple and beautiful. It has the traditional Liz Earle pale green colouring, which looks pretty on any dressing table or bathroom shelf. The cap is a twist-style cap, which twists up to reveal a small hole. I personally like this style of cap, as I can place a cotton pad on top, and then dispense the amount I want, without wasting any product. For others that don't like this style cap, I believe there is a spray version. I am not 100% sure though. 


I use this toner once a day, in the morning, after using my cleanser and before applying moisturiser. It leaves my skin feeling moisturised, smooth and gives a slight glowy look. I have also noticed that it has helped to sooth my Melasma. I'm no skin expert, so I can't say if this product is amazing for every skin that has Melasma, but it has helped mine. 


Overall, this toner has become a staple in my skincare routine. I would 100% repurchase this toner, as it works well on my dry skin, and doesn't inflame my Melasma.
Another winning product from Liz Earle!


What do you think about this product?
Also, if you have Melasma, what are your go-to skincare products?

You May Also Like

0 comments