Review - Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored

Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored £19.00 Harvey Nichols
I may have several red lip products, but I couldn't resist this lip paint from Fenty Beauty, which is Rihanna's makeup brand. It has a liquid lipstick formula, and it meant to be a 'universal red'. I was very intrigued about it being a red for all skin tones, but after seeing several different swatches & photographs on Instagram, that claim does seem to be true.


Let's start by talking about the packaging. The packaging is very distinctive and modern, and gives off a very luxurious vibe. It's definitely a lip product that you would want to display proudly on a dressing table, even though it could be mistaken for a nail polish. The applicator is a much curvier doe-foot shape, than most other liquid lipsticks. During the first couple of attempts of application, I did struggle with getting a precise cupids bow because of the rounder tip. It just took a few attempts to get used to the rounder applicator, that's all. If you want a super sharp line around the edge of your mouth, I would suggest wearing a lip liner with this liquid lipstick. 


The shade of this red is a slightly blue-toned red, but is a very flattering shade on my pale skin tone. I obviously can't say if it does flatter every skin tone, but I am a big believer in wearing whatever you want, no matter the hair colour or skin tone. As long as you are confident in it, then wear it!
There is no particular scent with this lipstick, which is a bonus for me, as I don't like extremely scented products on my face anymore, now that I have Melasma. 


The pigmentation is incredible! It's such a bold red, and wasn't patchy for me, at all. It's a very fluid & liquidy formula, so you do have to take your time with application, to make sure you don't go out of your lip line. This lipstick does go on very wet on the lips, but does dry down quickly to a beautiful matte finish. It's not extremely drying on the lips, and feels comfortable all through wear-time. 

Swatch - One Coat - Freshly Applied

Swatch - One Coat - Dried
Fenty Beauty claim that the wear time is 12 hours, and I would say that it doesn't last that long, but it is very long lasting. I just think 12 hours without touching up is asking a lot from any lip product. I would say it lasts up to 6-8 hours, depending on if you are wearing a lip liner underneath or not. I manage to be able to drink & eat within those 6+ hours, before needing to touch up too, which is better that a lot of lip products I have tried in the past. It does leave lipstick prints on cups etc though, but your lipstick will still look incredible after a meal. 


Overall, this has become one my most reached for red lip products. I have a huge array of red lipsticks, and this has become my favourite to wear, at the moment. For £19, I think this is worth it's money, and I really want to try some of the other shades, especially the black.


Have you tried this product?
What is your favourite Fenty Beauty product?

You May Also Like

0 comments