10 Days of Halloween 2018 - Poison Ivy Makeup & Accessories


Today's makeup look is Poison Ivy. This makeup is fairly simple, but what makes it into Poison Ivy, are the homemade accessories. By just using a cheap headband, fancy dress mask and leaves, you can create really effective Poison Ivy accessories. This look is great for people who want to make an effort for Halloween, but don't want to be scary or covered in fake blood.
You don't have to copy this look exactly, but I do hope you find inspiration from the products I have chosen & the look I have created, especially the accessories.

And just to clarify, I am not a makeup professional, but I do enjoy experimenting with makeup.



Glitter - Lit Cosmetics Firecracker Glitter & Glitter Base
Eyelash Glue - Duo Adhesive
Setting Spray - Collection Primed & Ready Spray


When looking for inspiration for this makeup look, a lot of people used green eyeshadows and glitter, with red lips. But for my blue eyes, I have always found that red suits me more than green does. I applied a small amount of green-ish shadow on the centre of my lid, but mainly left the green for my ivy eye masks and headband. I also did two different versions of the lips, one without glitter and one with. For photos the glitter looks great, but if I was going to wear this to a Halloween party, I wouldn't have glittered lips. The glitter just wouldn't last all night. 




I created the eye masks by buying a cheap fancy dress eye mask, and cutting it to the shape I wanted. I wanted it to mimic my eye shape, so I cut the mask in half, placed one half on my face, & drew on it the shape I wanted. Once cut out, I glued on fake leaves to cover the base mask, with a glue gun. To apply them to my face, I used eyelash glue. However, if you are used eyelash glue, don't glue them on your eyebrows! The headband was made my glueing leaves onto a thick plastic alice band. 



I hope you guys enjoyed this makeup look & accessories for Poison Ivy. I think for the outfit, you can either wear a simple green dress, or go crazy with a full body suit covered with leaves. Pinterest has tons of amazing Poison Ivy cosplay/costume inspiration, which can help you to complete this look.

What are you going as for Halloween?

You May Also Like

0 comments