10 Days of Halloween 2018 - Simple Mermaid Makeup & Outfit Ideas


Today's look is a simple mermaid makeup, with 3 different outfit ideas. I think this would be a great last minute costume idea, as you could re-create this using makeup only, even though I used face paint. You could also add face jewels, if you want to make it even more sparkly. The outfits are three different mermaid inspired looks, but you could also wear this makeup with a simple black dress, for any last minute plans. I chose blue/green tones for my mermaid scales, but any colour combination would work. 

You don't have to copy this look exactly, but I do hope you find inspiration from the products I have chosen & the look I have created. I have also put together 3 outfits as inspiration to go with the makeup.

And just to clarify, I am not a makeup professional, but I do enjoy experimenting with makeup.



Fishnet Tights - Primark



This makeup is simple to do and you can use eyeshadow instead of face paint for the scales. To start, just apply your normal base routine, but with no contour/blush/bronzer products, but you can add highlighter. I didn't apply anything to my brows, as I didn't want them to be overpowering, but if you want to add brows, you can. After the base, stretch the fishnet tights over your head, pulling it tight to cover your whole face. this might feel super weird, but it's a quick way to add scales to your face. Using a sponge, apply the face paint or eyeshadow across the forehead, coming round to your cheekbone area, and then some on your chin and jawline. Carefully remove the tights and you should be left with scales. Lightly dust powder on top to set the face paint. Then apply your lipstick, grey-toned smokey eye, mascara and lashes. Finally go crazy with the glitter! I applied some on my eye lids, cupids bow, brow bone and then a light dusting all over the face. 
To finish the look, I created a wet look effect to my hair, with salt spray, but you could also wear a wig. A glittery crown would also look great with this look, as well as face jewels. You can go crazy with the glitter and jewels for this mermaid costume. 
 



The outfit could be anything you want really. I put together three different looks, mainly focusing on using holographic and glittery items. But you could easily wear this makeup with a simple black dress. But if you love a bit of sparkle, you can wear tons of glitter for this costume. 

1 - Lindie Blue Sequin Mermaid Bodysuit £28.00 PrettyLittleThing
3 - Mermaid Sequin and Bead Clutch £10.00 Boohoo
4 - Halloween Mermaid Tights £10.00 ASOS
5 - Debbie Glitter Court Heels £14.99 Public Desire
7 - Iridescent Mermaid Heels £18.00 Boohoo
8 - Ocean Clutch Bag £12.00 SkinnyDip London
9 - Fancy Dress Top £12.99 H&M
11 - Fancy Dress Skirt £29.99 H&M



I hope you like this simple mermaid makeup look and the outfit inspiration I have provided. This is such a fun Halloween costume for people who love a glam costume, not a scary one. I think it could easily be achieved with makeup you already own, and is simple enough for a last minute costume.

What are you going as for Halloween?

You May Also Like

0 comments