Top five under £5 - Lip products


Time for another five under £5 countdown, and it's my final one of this trio! Cheap lip products can be very good and can be very bad. The ones I have chosen have good and bad points, but they are all the best under £5 lip products that I have tried. In this post, I am talking about a lip balm, lip liners, a lip crayon, a matte lipstick and 3 non-matte lipsticks. 



Product One - Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Hydrate £2.99
Quite a few people like these balms and quite a few don't. I think that this is just a great balm to throw in your bag for when your lips feel dry. To me, it works exactly the same as Vaseline, but is more hygienic than dipping your fingers into a tin. It's just a great on the go product, as I like to use a more nourishing balm on my lips overnight. 



Product Two - Essence Lip Liner Pencils in In the Nude, Soft Berry and Cute Pink £1.00 each
I adore these lip liners! They are so pigmented and creamy on the lips! I have even worn them on their own before, without a lipstick on top. They help to make my lipsticks last a lot longer and stop them from bleeding. For £1, they are the best cheap lip liners I have ever used. I can't wait to buy more of the shades. 




Product Three - Maybelline Colour Drama Pencil Lipstick in In with Coral £4.99
I really want to buy more colours of these lip pencils. I love the velvet/matte finish of them and they aren't drying on the lips. Being in crayon form, they are easy to apply and quick to apply too. With a lip liner underneath, it will withstand a little bit of eating/drinking, but I tend to reapply after food/drinks anyway. This colour is a perfect spring/summer colour!




Product Four - Primark Long Lasting Matte Lipstick in Red £1.00
For a matte lipstick, this isn't that dry on the lips. Personally, I wouldn't say that this is a long lasting lipstick, unless you layer it on top of a lip liner. However, for £1,00, I would say that this is a great lipstick worth trying. I have tried the normal and matte lipsticks from Primark, and the mattes win everytime. I have done a full review on this lipstick previously.






Product Five - Makeup Revolution Scandalous lips lipsticks in Crime, Depraved and Vice £1.00
For someone who prefers matte lipsticks, I really like this creamy/shiny lipsticks. I just think they are the right balance of moisture in a lipstick, without feeling sticky on the lips. I adore all three of these shades as they are fun and bright. I think these lipsticks are great for people who are starting to wear makeup, or even for people who want to start wearing more adventurous lip colours, I really want to collect more of the interesting shades, like the blue and yellow! The downsides to these are that they take a few layers to get full pigmentation and they wear away easily when eating. But for £1, you can't expect miracles! 

And those are my top under £5 lip products.
What are your favourite cheap lip products?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments