My Top Five : Spring/Summer Lip Products


Spring/Summer always means bright colours for me! As much as I like wearing nude, dark and red lip colours; I prefer to wear bolder and brighter lip colours during the warmer months. I tend to wear less eyeshadows and base makeup during the warmer weather, so a bright lipstick always brightens up my 'basic' face look. 
Today, I am sharing with you my current top five spring/summer lip products. 
Enjoy!





Lilac and purple toned lipsticks are a new discovery for me. Ever since I saw Kelly Osbourne wear purple lipstick, I have been on the hunt for my perfect purple lipstick/s. I think I have found them in MAC in Heroine and Makeup Revolution in Depraved. Heroine is a bright matte shade, which looks stunning on. I think it is a great purple for people who find lilac-toned lipsticks difficult to wear, but find darker tones easy. Depraved is a great lilac but takes a few layers to become opaque. Also, you do need to reapply during the day, but for £1, you can't really complain. 
Another colour-way I like to wear during warmer months, are coral/orange tones. I think they are a nice alternative to red, which is a colour I like to wear during winter, and occasionally during the summer. The Maybelline lip pencil is a beautiful pink-toned coral that can look slightly neon, next to pale skin. I have pale skin, but that doesn't stop me from wearing any colour I want. So, if you are confident, go for it! The next lip balm pencil is the Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious. I really like the colour of this product and how easy it is to apply. For this product, you always have to moisturise and exfoliate your lips before applying, as it can go patchy and flakey on dry, uneven lips as it is matte. Personally, I think it's a more wearable orange, as it has red under-tones, so is a great summery alternative to red. My final orange is Vice from Makeup Revolution. Like the previous Makeup Revolution Lipstick, you do have to build up the colour. On me, this is a true orange shade, that makes your lips look shiny and hydrated. The wear is long, but I don't mind reapplying, as it only cost £1.

Those are my current top five, but I will probably find new ones during my next shopping trip!
What are your favourite Spring/Summer lip products?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments