Review - Obsession Makeup London Liquid Illuminator in Aphrodisia

Obsession Makeup London Liquid Illuminator in Aphrodisia £7.00 Boots 
Recently, I went into Boots to buy a couple of replacements for products that were nearly empty, and there was a 3-for-2 offer on, in-store. So, I decided to have a look for a third makeup product, as it would be free, and came across these liquid illuminators by the brand Obsession Makeup London. I have never purchased anything by this brand before, but I saw the 5 liquid illuminators and knew that I needed one of them in my makeup collection. The shade, Aphrodisia, is the one I picked, as I was intrigued by the lilac shimmer mixed into the pearl base.


I am a huge lover of highlighter, and definitely believe that more is more. This illuminator is definitely more! The shimmer isn't chunky or glittery, just a lovely fine consistency within the liquid. When blended into the skin, it gives a lovely shimmer, but when the light hits it, it GLOWS. If you prefer a subtle glow, this isn't the highlighter for you. 

Swatch - Unblended/No Flash 

Swatch - Blended/No Flash
 I usually wear this illuminator underneath my lightweight foundation, as it still shines through, but it can be worn on top of foundation or even mixed in. I have even tried this illuminator mixed into body lotion for an all over glow, for a night out. It is such a great illuminator on my pale skin, for an all over shimmer. 


One of the best (& maybe the worst) points about this illuminator is how long lasting it is. It's so long lasting and doesn't budge, but that does make it hard to remove. Water on its own won't remove it, neither does face wipes, but a good strong makeup remover will. I used a micellar water, and it took a couple of cotton pads to remove it fully from my face. To remove it from my body, I had to use a scrub, nothing else would work.


Overall, I am in love with this illuminator, for the face and body. I even want to try out the other 4 shades, since they are a bargain at £7 each. 100% would recommend these illuminators, if you want a serious GLOW.

Have you tried any of these liquid illuminators or this brand before?
Also, what is your favourite highlighter?


You May Also Like

0 comments