Beauty Monday - Review: Primark Matte Lipstick & Brow Pencil


Back in May, I reviewed a bunch of Primark Makeup and here I am, doing it again! Last time, I reviewed 5 items but I have only added these two products to my Primark makeup collection. The first product is a red matte lipstick, which I have used in a FOTD recently, and a brow pencil, which was also used in that FOTD.


Both products swatched.


Primark P.S.LOVE Matte Long Last Lipstick in Red

The red lipstick was actually really good, which surprised me a lot as the pink Primark lipstick I had tried previously, was awful. This one has a better pigmentation, lasts longer and wasn't broken when I bought it. When swatched on the hand, it has a pink-red tone but on the lips, it is definatly red. I love the matte texture of this lipstick and it isn't drying, which is always a good thing for a matte lip product. For a cheap £1 lipstick, I have been pleasantly surprise at how nice it is. The only thing I would say is that it doesn't last as long without a lip liner underneath, but I would always recommend wearing a lip liner with bold colours anyway. The packaging is okay. You can't really expect amazing packaging on £1 makeup products though, but I would of liked a shade name! 
Overall, I would recommend that you pick up this lipstick and give it a go. 
I'm even tempted to buy more shades!

Primark P.S.LOVE Brow Pencil in Medium

Another winner from the Primark makeup range! For ages, I have been loving the ELF brow duo kit or the AVON Glimmersticks brow definer pencil for my brows, but this Primark brow pencil, in medium, has become something that I love to use too. I ran out of my AVON brow pencil, so I decided to try the Primark one instead of repurchasing, and I was surprised at how nice my brows look. I use this pencil when I am in a hurry and don't have time to use my ELF brow duo & Real Techniques brush, or when I was a stronger brow. As you can see, the pencil has a spooly on one end and the pencil on the other, which makes it great for travelling. I can create natural looking strong brows with this pencil, as long as I am not heavy handed. Using short strokes and constantly brushing through, I can create realistic strong brows. 
For £1.50, I think this brow pencil will always be in my collection.

What are you favourite items from the Primark Makeup range?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. nice post!! i quite like the brow pencil and i've been using their liquid liner which is okay but it took a while to get a hang of the nib on it :-)

    http://bsarahoates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the liquid liner too but, yeah, it did take a few tries to get used to it. I also like the volume mascara. For a cheap mascara, it was pretty decent. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello! I fell in love with the bright shiny red lipstick, it is so flattering! I also bought two mattes last week, a light pink and another red shade, I reviewed them in my blog if you're interested ( http://the-clueless-cat.tumblr.com ). I have not tried the brow pencil yet, but I think I'll have to go back to Primark and get one for myself!

    ReplyDelete