Monthly Highlights - January 2016


I'm starting a new series on my blog today, and it's a different take on the monthly favourites. 
I normally don't post monthly favourites, as I tend to pick too many products etc, which then makes the post extremely long and borning to read. So, I decided to restrict myself to only 5 things, which then make up my Monthly Highlights from the past month. 
So here are January 2016's Highlights!


From my Instagram @shannonanne2303
The first highlight for me are these boots from Public Desire, called Amie Over-the-knee boots. I have worn them non-stop throughout January, and I can't see myself stopping in February! I purchased them in the sale (for £19.99), so they aren't avaliable anymore, but they do have a similar pair, which are also in the sale.
They are super comfortable, great quality for the price and are the perfect fit for my leg size/height. I am 5ft 4", so I find that knee high boots can be too long for my legs sometimes, but these fit like a dream. I will be purchasing from Public Desire again in the future, as I am obsessed with these boots!


I feel like everyone has been reviewing/raving about the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani colab, and they have every right too. This eyeshadow palette has been the only thing I have worn on my eyes, throughout January (and Decemeber), and I can't wait to try out more from the collection. My favourite shades are Blonde, Steady, Punk, Anaheim and Blackout. Those shades are my go-to everyday eyeshadow combo, but I do love all the shades in the palette. Personally, I think it is the perfect everyday palette, with some fun colours to turn your eyeshadow into an evening look. 
I did plan to review this palette, but I feel like there are tons of reviews for it now. So, if you would like a tutorial/fotd style post for the palette, then let me know!


One of my christmas presents from my parents was this fragrance by YSL, and it has been all I have worn throughout January. I am completely in love with the scent, and I would recommend that you go & smell a tester in any store that sells it. It is slightly floral but more of a sexy scent, than a girly-floral scent. I prefer EDP to EDT, because on me, they last longer, which is why I asked for the EDP version. Everytime I am wearing this scent, my friends always want to know what I am wearing, which is always a sign of an amazing perfume to me. 
I will probably repurchase this myself, once this bottle runs out.


Now time for a non-beauty/fashion highlight from January. I have been watching Jacksepticeye's Youtube channel on-and-off for a while now, but in January, I don't think I missed a video, which is why he is in my monthly highlights. I just love his energy, his humour and how genuine he is. I am not a gamer myself, but I do love watching people play videogames, and Jack keeps me entertained, so I keep coming back for more. (Btw, my current favourite series on his channel is Papers, Please.) Just check him out, if you are into gaming/youtube (or love an Irish accent!).


My final highlight from January is the song, Paris Apartment, by Courtney Askey
Now, this might seem a little biased, as she is a friend of mine, but I do genuinely love this song. I am not great at reviewing music, so I am not even going to try, but it has been one of my most listened to tracks during January, so if you get a chance to give a listen, do it. I promise that you won't regret it.


So, those have been my highlights for January.
What have been yours?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments