FOTD - Full 'drugstore' face #BEDA


It's been quite a while since I have done a FOTD style post. and I really liked my makeup today, so I thought that I would share it with you. For once, it is all drugstore makeup, so all the products are affordable and work really well.
[Btw, it's a very photo heavy blog post!]









I started with my normal skincare rountine, which ends with my moisturiser & eye cream. The moisturiser I am currently loving is Speed Plump from Soap & Glory, and I have a full review on my blog already, if you would like to see my opinions on it. For my eye cream, I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube, which is hydrating and de-puffs my undereye area. My final step, before I put makeup on, is to spray a bit of makeup setting spray on my face, to lock in the moisture from my skincare. The one I used today is from AVON.


Using my fingers, I started my makeup by applying the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer (review) all of my face, applying more on the highpoints of my face. Then, using my retractable bronzer brush from Real Techniques, I applied my foundation, which is the L'Oreal True Match in Rose Ivory (review). To give a more flawless skin-like finish, I patted my face with a damp sponge. I used the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.


Concealer time, and I am a bit of a concealer junkie at the moment! I started by using the peach colour from the ELF Corrective Concealer palette, under my eyes, to counteract the purple tones. I also used a tiny bit of the green from the palette on a spot, as it was really red, which a normal concealer wouldn't of covered. I blended that all in my with fingers. After, I placed my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 1, under my eyes, around my nose and on any blemishes. I blended that in with my Real Techniques Setting Brush. To add a bit more of a highlight/brightening look to my face, I used the Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer in Naked 1, sort-of under my eyes but more on my cheek bones, on the centre of my forehead, down my nose, on my cupids bow & chin and a little under my cheek bones/above my jawline. I patted this in with my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush.


To keep that all in place, I powdered my t-zone, under my eyes, around my mouth and on any concealer-covered blemishes. I used my Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot powder with a Real Techniques Setting Brush.


For brows, I don't really do much because I have a full fringe. I just fill them in slightly with my Soap & Glory Archery pencil in Hot Chocolate. To keep them in place, I used (a very old & dirty looking!) clear mascara from Collection.



Time for eyes! I started with my AVON eye primer all over my lids, up to the brows. Using a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush, I applied the first shade (first row), Mesmeric, from the MUA Romantic Efflorescence palette (review) all over where I placed the primer, to make it easier to blend powder eyeshadows. Using the shade Captivate (second row/last shade) with my ELF Eye Blending brush, I blended this through my crease, outer-v and a little under my lower lashline. Then with my finger, I patted the colour Fiery (first row/last shade) on the lid area only, building up the colour. I then went back into the crease with the same brush & colour, to blend the lid colour in. With the Real Techniques Accent Brush, I placed the colour Fiery on my lower lashline, close to my lashes. Using my Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl pencil in Cocoa Bean, I tightlined my eyes on my upper & lower waterlines. The mascara I worn today is the AVON superSHOCK MAX mascara in Black, on both upper & lower lashes. 


Let's make my face look less flat! I bronzed & contoured slightly, using my Soap & Glory Solar Powder and Real Techniques Duo Fiber Face brush. For blush, I used my ELF Powder Blush in Blushing Rose and Real Tecnqiues Cheek Brush. My current favourite highlighter is the Makeup Revolution I <3 Makeup Goddess of Love Highlighter. I apply this on my cheek bones, cupids bow, on my forehead and down my nose, with a Real Techniques Fan brush (review). Then, using a Real Techniques Shading brush, I applied the highlighter on my browbones and inner-corners of my eyes.


To finish off, I applied my L'Oreal lipstick in JLo's Red (review), and a little spray of setting spray all over.


I hope you enjoyed this FOTD!

What are your favourite products from the 'drugstore' at the moment?
I am always willing to try new things from the drugstore.

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments