Beauty Monday - My Urban Decay love affair...


Ever since I started this blog, my makeup collection has grown rapidly. Most of it is highstreet/drugstore makeup, but over the past year I have been spending my money on more expensive items. One brand I have been spending most of my money/receiving as presents, is Urban Decay. I mainly have eyeshadow palettes from the brand, but recently I purchased a blusher/bronzer/highlighter palette. 





My Naked Basics palette was my first Urban Decay item and is still my most used eyeshadow palette in my entire collection. Whenever I travel, this is the first product that goes into my makeup bag. For one, it has a large mirror, which is always handy to have. But it also has some great, everyday eyeshadows that can go from day-to-night. I tend to use the last three darker shades for eyeshadow, the shade WOS as a eye primer setting powder/base, the yellow shade Foxy as a under eye setting powder/brightener, and Venus as a highlighter. Overall, I don't think I could live without this palette. 



Now, Urban Decay clearly know how to grab my attention with their limited edition collections! When I saw this collection, I knew I had to have something from it! Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite films and the beautiful packaging made me need this palette so much! Normally, I don't like brushes that come with palettes, but this one is quite good. The shades are warm-toned and easy to work with, just like most UD shadows. I really like how easy this palette is to use on an everyday basis for a quick smokey eye. I really like to use this palette when travelling, if I fancy a change from the Naked Basics. 



The new love of my life! I have been lusting after all three of the Naked Palettes for so long, and I finally got one at Christmas! I can't describe how much I love this palette. I have used it everyday since I got it! I love the shade range, the textures of the shadows, the variety of finishes etc; the list is endless! Even the brush is great, which is unusual for palettes. The only downside to this palette is the packaging. Suede looks nice, but it isn't practical for an eyeshadow palette that is going to get grubby. 



After trying a few eyeshadow palettes from UD, I thought that it was time to try some of their other products. So, I decided to try out the Naked Flushed palette. This is the original one (they now have others), as I felt that the bronze in this palette was the best one for my pale skin tone. I really like the packaging on this palette. It is sturdy, comes with a large mirror and has a magnetic closing. The product itself is split into three; bronzer, highlighter and blusher. The bronzer is a great shade for warming the complexion and is buildable. The highlighter is a soft shimmer with a hint of pink, but isn't a super intense highlight, which is perfect for everyday. My favourite section of this palette is the blush. I just adore this pink colour on my cheeks, as it gives my pale skin a natural looking flush. It may look like a crazy intense pink in the palette, but it is super light and is buildable. 


Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands at the moment, so I am willing to try more. 
Leave a comment below with your favourite UD products that I should try out.


Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments