Beauty Monday - My current skincare (Morning and Evening)


Over the past few years, I have tried so many different products to keep my skin at its best. About a year and 1/2 ago, I did have a perfect routine for my combination skin. However, I am coming out of my teenage years now and my skin type has changed to dry with slight oily patches on occasion, which is less oil than before. So, I had to work out a new routine to work with my skin, which will help to keep it hydrated. 
I feel like I have a good routine at the moment but I am always willing to try new things! There are a few golden products in my routine, but if you have any recommendation for dry skin, then leave a comment. 
I have been using this routine for a good 2/3 months now (apart from 1), so I can give you a honest review of these products. 


Morning Skincare



In the morning, I tend to not have that much time so I try to not have too many products to use. I first like to get rid of any left over make up that my night time cleanser might leave behind (which doesn't happen very often!) by using cotton wool pads and the L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3-in-1 Purifying Micellar Solution. Cleansing my face is the next step and I either use the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash-off Deep Purifying Cleanser or the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Scrub, with warm water and a muslin cloth. I tend to use the scrub 3 days a week, as it can be harsh to use a scrub everyday. Finally, I moisturise my skin with Philosophy Hope in a Jar high-performance moisturiser.






I didn't know if I would like using micellar solutions as I thought that there was too much hype around them, therefore I thought that they might not work. However, I was wrong. Even though I use it to just get rid of any remaining make up in the morning, I do know that they work as I do use it to remove my make up after a night out/slightly drunk (as it is quicker than properly cleansing). It is a great make up remover and quick pre-cleanser. 
The peaches and clean cleanser is so creamy, smells amazing (like minty peaches) and my skin always feels super re-freshed and soft after using it. The other cleanser/scrub is my Neutrogena one. I love how gentle this scrub is, how it helps to remove my flaky dry/dead skin and how it helps to keep my skin blemish free. 
The final product is my Hope in a Jar moisturiser. I do like this product but I am not in love with it. It is a great light moisturiser but I feel that I could do with a moisturiser that works a bit deep. I will use all of this up first before I try another moisturiser, but leave any recommendations in the comments. 

Evening Skincare



At night time, I spend longer on my skincare as I have the days dirt & make up to remove. First I wet my face with warm water and massage The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter into my skin and eyes to remove my make up, and remove with a warm, damp muslin cloth. I then wet my face again and use the same Soap & Glory cleanser from the morning, to make sure my skin is clean. After, I want to tone my skin to close any open pores to minimise spots/blackheads forming overnight. To do this, I use Avon Clearskin Blackhead Clearing Daily Astringent with a cotton wool pad. Then, I massage The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil all over my face and to seal that in, I use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-free moisturiser. Some nights, I don't use the oil-free moisturiser, if my skin isn't extremely dry, as the serum-in-oil replenishes my skin enough overnight. 






For me, the serum-in-oil is a wonder product. I just love how nice and less flaky my skin looks since I have started using it. I don't think I could say anything bad about it! I love it!
The camomile cleansing butter is amazing too. The camomile helps me to relax before going to bed, but the actual formula removes all my make up really well. Even waterproof makeup! A God-send for make up removal and facial cleansing.
The astringent is great if you have trouble with blackheads. But, it wouldn't be great on sensitive skin as it is really strong and can sting a little. I just use it on my blackhead prone areas to tighten the pores, which reduces dirt getting into pores overnight. 
The oil-free moisturiser is okay. I only use it as it helps to seal in my serum-in-oil. For me, I wouldn't use it as an everyday moisturiser as it wouldn't moisturise my skin enough. But, if you have oily skin, it might work for you. 

Extras



These 'extras' for my skincare are the face masks/treatments that I use once a week for a deep cleanse. They both are pore-penetrating and are wash-off face masks. I apply both with a wooden face mask spatula and remove with warm, damp muslin cloth. The first one, the Soap & Glory The Fab Pore Facial Peel, which I have used for over a year. I love this face mask and it leaves my skin feeling super clean. However, they have slightly changed this product now but it aparently works exactly the same. Even though it is still the same product, I decided that I need to change my facemask, so I decided to try Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask. I have only used this 2 times but I already love how fresh and clean my skin feels after using it. I will be reviewing this in future blog post, once I have tested it a couple more times.




Do you use any of these products in your skincare routine? 
What products do you recommend?

Bye
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments