Gift Wrapping Ideas


For the next 7 days, during the run up to Christmas day, I am going to be posting festive blog posts for you all. Today's is all about gift wrapping ideas that I have used for a few years now. 
Wrapping presents is one of my favourite things to do during the festive season, as I love how creative I can be. I love using a plain brown paper and jazzing it up with tags, ribbon and baubles, to give a unique & personal twist to each present. Brown paper is a great base for Christmas gift wrapping, as it is 100% recyclable, compared to some wrapping papers that are covered in glitter. 


To jazz up the plain brown paper, this year I have printed my own tags onto card, which I created on Photoshop. I have done normal shaped tags with Christmas lyrics, film quotes and general festive saying on them, which I then wrote on the back. For another personal touch, I printed copper coloured letters onto card as well, for each recipient. I then purchased several different types of ribbons & strings, copper coloured small clips, and an array of tree decorations/baubles. I stuck with a copper/gold theme this year, but the beauty of brown paper is that you can use any colour scheme for the decorations.


My personal favourite present decoration are the small pouches that I purchased from Wilko. They came in a pack of two and are meant for your Christmas tree. I decided to use them for my niece and nephews Christmas presents, as I could hide an extra little surprise inside them, in the form of a chocolate coin. I love using baubles and other tree decorations for present decorations, as the recipient can then put them on their tree the following year. 
This year, all of my present decorations are from Wilko, except the tags that I printed myself. Wilko are such good value for money, for all kinds of present wrapping and decorations. 



I hope this has given you some inspiration for Christmas present wrapping, and has possibly inspired you to use brown paper too. I have been trying to get my friends and family to use brown paper for the past few years, as it is so much better for the environment.

Leave your present wrapping tips in the comments below. 
I always love seeing/hearing how creative other people can be.


You May Also Like

0 comments