Leicester Fashion Week 2016


On Friday 21st October, I was invited to Leicester Fashion Week, as a blogger/press member. This was my first time going to a blogger event, and I had lots of fun meeting fellow bloggers & watching the show.
This catwalk show was held in a beautiful room, in the Mercure Grand Hotel. The room was packed full of guests, to watch the local and independent designers garments walk down the catwalk. Leicester has a history with fashion, and still does, because of the popular DMU courses, so it was such a magical night to see the hard work of all the Leicester based designers.  






The show consisted of a variety of styles from formal to streetwear, which gave the catwalk show an exciting twist, as you didn't know what style of fashion was coming next. You could see all of the passion and talent that Leicester has to offer, through these designs and when the designers appeared after their collection was shown. I was very entertained and will definitely be going next year, maybe as a designer myself!
My own personal favourites were Love Her Madly, OKAYLA and Bizzle Clothing. They each has their own unique style, and stood out against the rest of the collections in the show. They have also given me inspiration and drive to start my next collection.







Overall, I had a wonderful time and would definitely go again next year. There were a few issues with timing and the actual length of the show (far too long!), but they are issues than can be easily solved for next year. Hopefully, I will be invited back as a blogger, or I might even be a designer at the show!

Would you guys go next year?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I agree that the designers were really inspiring! I still can't get the girl in the white dress out of my head, pedro batik was my favourite but lived ohkayla too!

    Charlotte | www.shoestringchic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete