Packing for my weekend in London (Alexander McQueen Exhibition)


I'm off to London this weekend with my mother, and I am staying overnight for a night. So, I thought that I would show you what I am packing for the two days/one night. I am going to London to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition at The V&A, and to spoil my mum, as it is nearly her birthday. 

Before I start showing you, I would like to say that I will be updating my instagram all weekend with pictures of my trip. Also, I am taking over My Student Style's instagram account for the weekend too. Follow both to see what I am up to!





I am in love with the weekend bag we are using. As we are only staying for 1 night, my mother and I are sharing the case. I am only going to be showing what I am packing though. This bag is so adorable to look at, and is really practical. It has handles if you want to hold it like a bag, and an extendable handle & wheels, so that you can pull it along, like a suitcase. It also has different zipped sections on the inside and outside, so you can seperate things in the bag. I just think it is a perfect bag for a weekend away, 


Clothes-wise, I am taking an outfit to change into for the exhibtion, pyjamas, underwear and an outfit for the sunday. I am wearing the same shoes with every outfit, so there was no need to pack any other shoes. Also, I am using the same handbag, as it is easier than changing handbags, just for one day.


This is everything else I am packing into the weekender bag. A large toiletries bag, with all my toiletries inside, a smaller toiletries bag with small extras like tooth/floss sticks etc, my phone charger, a leopard print jewellery travel case, my Marc Jacobs makeup bag full of makeup, and my GHD straighteners wrapped inside an heat protection mat. 


A lot of this jewellery will be worn when I am travelling on the coach, so there will only be a few bits in the travel case. But, this will also be handy to put my jewellery into, when I am sleeping.


This was such a great purchase from Primark. I think it was only £1.50, but I am not 100% sure. Decanting some of my products helps to create room in my toiletries bag. Plus, you don't need to take lots of full sized products for just 1 night. 


From the decanting set, I used the clear/spotted bag to place extra bits and pieces into. A flannel for washing my face, hair grips and bobbles, dental floss sticks, nasal inhaler and cotton wool pads.  


Everything else is inside this toiletries bag. This bag is so old, but so practical, as it is so big. I think I received a hair brush gift set inside it, when I was about 11 years old!


For haircare, I kind of wish that I had time to buy travel mini's. Unfortunatly, I will have to take my full sized products. I am taking my heat protection spray, tangle teezer brush, hairspray and sea salt spray.


Next in the bag is my after sun spray (suncream is in my handbag), toothbrush inside my holder (from Superdrug, I think!), toothpaste and deodorant. 


For in the shower, I have my favourite body scrub & moisturising cream, and my shower gel, which I decanted.


Skincare-wise, I decanted my toner, miceller water and cleansing balm. I have also packed a headband, serum-in-oil and eye cream.


Next I am talking through my makeup. A lot of people will say that this is too much makeup for just two days/1 night, but I couldn't decided what looks I would want to do, so I packed for a few different looks. For my base, I have my foundation, concealers, primer, powder, contour powder and blusher/highlighter/bronzer palette.



For my eyes, I have a selection of sample primers, two eyeshadow palettes, a single coral/orange toned eyeshadow, brown liner pencil, black liner pencil, nude eyeliner pencil, black liquid liner, brow pencil, clear brow gel/mascara and black mascara.


Lip product-wise, I have two lip liners (one red/one nude), an orange liquid lipstick, a red lipstick and a nude lipstick. 



I also have my setting spray and face moisturiser in my makeup bag. Along with my makeup brushes, which are mainly Real Techniques, with one Urban Decay brush and one ELF brush.



For travelling to London (and browsing before changing for the exhibition), I am wearing my tartan skirt, striped crop top, denim jacket, sandals and DKNY bag.



Inside my handbag, I have a book to read on the coach travelling, phone, headphones, purse, suncream, perfume and sunglasses. Whatever lipstick I am wearing on the day and my powder, will also be in my handbag, not in the makeup bag. 

Well, that is everything I am wearing/taking to London. I am super excited to be spending the weekend in London and to see the McQueen exhibition.

Have you guys been to the exhibition yet?
Keep an eye on my instagram and MSS instagram all weekend, for updates on my trip.
I will be blogging about my weekend too, when I get back, so look forward to that on Monday.

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments