My Fashion & Beauty Summer Staples


The glorious summer weather is finally here in the UK, so I thought that I would share my summer staples with you. These are beauty and fashion items I couldn't live without, when the warmer weather starts to appear. Of course, these are personal preferences, and there are other summer essentials that I haven't mentioned. 
So, grab a glass of pimms and enjoy the sunshine whilst you read this!

Sandals



Sandals are always an essential when the sun starts to come out. These are my newest pair and I am in love with them. I love everything about them, from the black croc effect leather to the chunky block heel. They go with every outfit and are super comfortable to wear. Sandals just help to keep your feet cool, but don't forget to take care of your feet as they will be on show. 


Sunglasses


Tortoise Shell pair were from H&M about 3 years ago.
Black flip-frame pair were from a Vintage Fair last year.

Of course I had to say that sunglasses are a summer staple! Not only do they look great, but you do need to protect your eyes from the sun. They are my current top three out of my many pairs, including my newest pair from Urban Outfitters. I am quite lucky that most shapes suit me, but once you find a style/shape that suits your face shape, stick to it. Unless you like to try new styles/trends every year.


Highlighter, Bronzer & Powder







Who doesn't want beautiful bronzed & highlighted/glowy skin during the summer months? Highlighter, bronzer and powder all help to keep my summer base makeup looking glowy and sun-kissed looking, with damaging my skin through tanning. These are a few of my favourites from my collection. I like to wear either cream/liquid or powder products. It just depends on how I feel on the day. The powder is something I always have in my bag, as I can de-shine my face throughout the day. 


Bright/Bold lip products



I love wearing a simple eye look with a bold lip during the summer months. I try to be more experimental with my colours, and I am currently in love with these three. Corals and oranges are great summer alternatives to red lipsticks. Bright purples/lilacs are pretty alternatives to dark berry tones, which are more winter colours. I really like to experiment, and the summertime is the right time to try brighter lip shades. 


Nail Polish


Silver glitter polish is from a Ted Baker Christmas gift set
AVON Nailwear pro nail polish in Vintage Blue (unable to buy anymore)


Sun Protection

As I wear a lot of black, grey and white (with a hint of colour sometimes), I like to stick to neutral and light nail polishes. I also like to wear a bit of shimmer for the sun to reflect off, as I think it can look pretty. I tend to have gel nails done during the summer, as they last longer, so I only paint by toe nails myself. As soon as the sun comes out and the sandals come on, my toes have to be painted. I try to keep on top of them weekly, as I don't want to wear chipped nail polish on my toes. 



I can't go anywhere with out my suncream! I am very pale and burn easily, so I am constantly applying suncream during the day. You should be doing this even if you aren't pale too! I find that the sprays are easier to apply and dry quicker. When I am finished with being outside for the day, I always put aftersun on, to help cool down my skin. Protecting your skin is important.
For more info, check out this video by Pixiwoo.


Foot Cream



My final summer staple is foot cream. I am a bit lazy during the winter for keeping my feet looking pretty, as they are always covered by socks/shoes/boots. However, they are more on show during the summer, so I tend to look after them more. I like to exfoliate and moisturise them. I just use my normal body scrub for exfoliating them, but I use an intense foot cream for moisturisation. This one by Soap & Glory is my favourite foot cream, and I try to use it every night. 

Those are my summer staples.
What are yours?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments