Beauty Chat: What is Strobing?


First of all, I am not a makeup artist. I do not have any makeup qualifications, I just love makeup and trying out new products/techniques. 

Contouring has been a huge makeup trend for a quite a while now, so it's about time something new came along. Strobing is all about using light on its own, instead of shading/highlighting, to shape the face. A lot of different makeup terms get thrown around and it can end up being very confusing. However, strobing is actually something most people could do. 


These are the products I have been using for strobing.
L-R: Makeup Revolution Goddess of Love highlighter / L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer / Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer / Highlighter from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette
Strobing is basically highlighting, but just a bit more than normal, with no contour. It's all about using reflection and light on the high points of the face, to create spotlight areas, which will create shade without needing to contour. So, if you struggle to contour, or find it too harsh on your skin/face, I would try out strobing. It's all about that glowy, radiant skin.

Okay, I know this look ridiculous, my photoshop skills are awful.
These are the areas you would highlight.




I have used the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer under my foundation on the majority of the highpoints in my diagram, apart from the inner corner of my eye. I then used the Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer under my eyes and slightly on top of my cheekbones, as it is a great brightening concealer. For my powder highlight, I used the Makeup Revolution Goddess of Love highlighter everywhere I hae mapped out on the diagram, except the inner corner of my eye. I placed the highlight shade from Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette, in the inner corner, as it went better with the eyeshadow look I had on. 

My Instagram - @shannonanne2303

Personally, I really love how this looks. I have very dry skin, so being able to add that glow to my skin, just makes it look healthy. I'm not sure how this would work on oily or acne-prone skin though. 

It looks like I am putting away the contour powder (for now!), and being all about that glow. 

What do you think about this trend?

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments