Tag/Tell-all Tuesday - The Top Ten Tag!


When I was doing my late night browsing of new blogs, I saw this tag and I thought that it looked fun to do, so here it is, The Top Ten Tag!
Basically, their are 10 product catergories and I have to say what product I would choose for each catergory, if I could only have one of each in my makeup bag. Now, it has to be products that you have used (and loved!), not products you wish you could have in your collection. I just loved the sound of this tag, as I love to see what top products other people recommend. 
So let's get on with it then!



The Categories


Foundation & Powder

For the very first time, I have found a liquid foundation, from the drugstore, that matches my pale skin tone. I like the sheer 'my-skin-but-better' look it gives and it doesn't show up my dry patches. I apply this with either my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. 
If you are looking for a medium/high coverage foundation, this isn't the one for you.
But it is great for pale girls, who want a sheer foundation coverage.


What don't I love about this powder?!? It applies nicely and doesn't make my foundation cakey. It helps to keep shine at bay and keeps the matte/velvet skin finish for about 8 hours. I apply this with my Real Techniques Blush Brush or the Real Techniques Setting Brush. It doesn't change the colour of my foundation or skin, so it would be great for all skin colours. 
Plus, who can resist the cute vintage packaging?

Bronzer & Blush

Another piece in my makeup collection that I would buy again and again! This bronzer is great for pale girls as it isn't too muddy or orange. This bronzer was an all-the-bloggers-made-me-buy-it purchase. I have the lightest shade and it adds just the right amount of colour on my face, as I prefer to look pale than bronze-goddess most of the time. I can contour with this matte bronzer too. 


This blush was purchased after Miss Makeup Magpie reviewed it. It is a great contour shade for pale girls. I picked this blush instead of a pink/coral blush, as I honestly couldn't live without this contour blush. I have used it before as a normal blush, but I prefer to contour my cheeks/nose/jawline with it. I also have used it as a crease shadow. It's the most perfect contour shade for my skintone and didn't cost very much.


Highlight & Concealer

Highlighting is still quite a new concept to me, as I have only been highlighting my cheek bones, nose, lip bow and inner corner of my eye, since February 2014. So, I don't really have many highlighting products other than this shadow, Venus, from my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and my AVON Highlighting concealer. I don't really consider the AVON one as a proper highlight, like I do this Venus eyeshadow. This shadow adds a nice shimmer/glow to the skin and looks lovely when light shines on it. Urban Decay shadows are always great quality and this one is no exception. Plus, if I pick this shadow, then I will always have my Naked Basics in my makeup bag, which is a palette that I couldn't live without! Cheeky extra product!


This concealer! I'm sure you all have heard about this concealer tons in the blogging and Youtube world, but I am still going to tell you about it! It covers dark circles and blemishes really well. It does last for a long time, especially if you apply a powder over the top to set it. It is creamy but not too creamy that it slides around on your face. I haven't found a drugstore concealer that I prefer.

Eyebrows & Eyeshadow

I adore this brow kit. I have to have a bit more time to do my brows with this kit, but my brows always look natural and thick when using it. It has a gel/creme section and a powder section. Both are coloured and help to create natural brows when layered on top of each other. I always think that have too different tones in your brows will add a more natural finish to them. I have found that applying the gel/creme with my Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush gives a individual brow hair appearance with each flick. I then use a normal slanted brow brush with this powder to set and add texture to brows. A fantastic kit that isn't expensive.


My chosen shadow is my color tattoo in Permenant Taupe. If I am not 'allowed' to choose more than one shadow, then I would pick this, as it is easy to throw on in a rush and looks great on its own. These Color Tattoos are amazing as they last all day, work well as a shadow base, look great on their own and are inexpensive. This colour is just a great everyday shade but can also look great on a night out.

Mascara & Lip Product

I have been in love with this mascara for years. The regular superSHOCK formula, the waterproof version, the MAX version and even the Bright coloured version are all amazing. For me, I would choose this over my Benefit They're Real mascara, because the Benefit one is so hard to remove. This mascara, in all the versions, seperates and lengthens my lashes, giving my lashes a wider doll-like look. For me, this mascara doesn't clump, even when applying layers. I always have at least one version of the superSHOCK mascara in my collection.

Lip Product - Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in 757 Red Stockings (discontinued)

Now, this catergory did say lipstick but I changed it to lip product, as I have chosen a lip gloss-yet lip laquer product. Unfortunatly, this product is no longer avaliable and that is why I have chosen it. If I could only have the product forever, then I would choose this to not be discontinued in my makeup bag! I love a bold red lip, and even though I am not a huge gloss fan, this red Dior gloss is incredible. I even purchased a back up one when I found out this what going to be discontinued all that time ago. It isn't sticky, it gives the lips a red patent shoe-like quality to this lips and lasts for a long time. The slight shimmer in it may put some people off, but I love how the light bounces off it, creating fuller lips. I would wear this everyday, if I wasn't afraid of it running out!

And that is my top ten!

What are you top ten products?
I tag anyone reading this to give this tag a go. Leave a link in the comment if you do!

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments