Lifestyle Thursday - The importance of getting fitted #BREASTWEEK


Many women have never been fitted for a bra and have guessed their own bra size. 
Getting measured may seem daughting and pointless, but making sure that you are wearing the right sized and shaped bras can make a whole lot of difference. 


Source
A free bra fitting is avaliable in most lingerie stores and isn't as frightening as you might think. A lot of women think that you will have to be topless/braless in front of a stranger, but you still wear your current bra. The woman measuring you will try and make the situation as comfortable as possible, so that it isn't a weird experience. 

Having the right bra that fits can help with your confidence and body shape. Many women think that bras should feel uncomfortable but that is not the case. A bra that doesn't fit properly can affect your neck, back, shoulders and breasts. The right bra can reduce these problems and can make you appear slimmer.

A general rule is that you should be able to only get two fingers between the back of the bra and your back. Any less, then it is too tight. Any more, it is too loose. You shouldn't have indents in your shoulders and your breasts shouldn't be bulging out of the cups. When you have a bra fitting, they check all these things when they recommend new bras. 

Personally, I have a bra fitting every couple of months/everytime I buy a new bra, as your breasts can change all the time. This can be because of hormones, regnancy, menopauce or fluctuations in weight, so never assume that if you were measure once, that you never need to bother again. Plus, you should be buying new bras every couple of months as they can become out of shape, which stops them from fitting properly. My final advice is to be honest with the fitter. If you don't like the style/shape/colour of the bra they have suggested, give them hints of what kind of bras are your favourites. 

I have my bra fittings done at Marks & Spencer, every two months. I find that they provide a great service and I have been going to them since I was 10, when I needed my first training bra. The women fitters listen to what kind of bras you like, what you need the bra for and any problems you might be having with your current bras. They always suggest a variety of bras and get you to try them on for them, that way they can see if the size is correct or not. I found that they never pressure you into buying the bras and recommend that you should have a browse at the bras, once you know your new size. Even if I have been measured in M&S, I still double check my size in other shops, by trying on similar sized bras. This is because different shops can vary in size and shape. 

Remember, bra fitting is important and should be done very often.

Stores that have free in-store fittings.

I hope this has helped in some way and that more women go for a bra fitting.

Shannon
xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments