How to: Deep clean your makeup brushes.

Today, I am deep cleaning my makeup brushes. I clean them after each use with a makeup brush cleaner, but once every two weeks, I deep clean them with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. This is how I deep clean them. 

What you will need:
Your brushes
Sink/running water
Baby Shampoo
Small towel for them to dry on

Before 


During

After
How to: 
  1. Collect all your brushes and everything else that you need. 
  2. Pick a brush and squeeze some baby shampoo on it. 
  3. Dampen your brush and swirl it around on your hand to remove makeup from the brush.
  4. Rinse under the tap and fan it out so that all makeup products are removed. 
  5. Once water is running clear through the brush, you can leave it to dry.
Tips:
  • Do not use a hairdryer to dry them as that will melt the bristles/glue
  • Do not be rough when swirling them on your hand, as it breaks the bristles
  • Deep cleaning them leaves them super soft and removes all leftover products

 Hope this has helped. Let me know in the comments if you have any brush cleaning tips as I am not overly sure that I am doing this correctly. None of my brushes have been damaged so I think it works well personally. 
Bye 
xx

You May Also Like

0 comments